Dr. Susan Romano
Dr. Susan Romano is the company president and has extensive experience as a forester and wetland biologist. Susan’s career in forestry and conservation began in the early 1980s working for the Forest Service in Ely, Minnesota. Her experience includes work for a paper company, state and federal conservation agencies, and private forestry consulting firms. As a professor at a small Midwest university, Dr. Romano taught GIS computerized mapping and analysis, ecological sampling techniques, conservation, statistics, and environmental policy.
Susan is a member of the Town of Northwood Conservation Commission, and the Bear-Paw Regional Greenways Board. She is an active member of the Society of American Foresters and the Society of Wetland Scientists.
Licenses and Certifications
- New Hampshire Licensed Forester # 00497
- Vermont Licensed Forester # 148.0133985
- Massachusetts Licensed Forester # 451
- NRCS Technical Service Provider (TSP) TSP-18-22444
- Nationally Certified Forester (CF), Society of American Foresters # 11280
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS), Society of Wetland Scientists # 325426
- Bachelor of Sciences, Forest Resource Management, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Master of Science, Botany, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL
- Ph.D., Plant Biology, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Professor Emeritus, Western Illinois University, 65 publications and presentations, 11 years of teaching and research
Forestry Technician, Botanist
B.S. Biology (Botany, Urban Forestry)
Tyler Romano is responsible for forest management, biological surveys, and our urban forest inventory and management program. Tyler has 6 years of experience in urban forestry and arboriculture, and a Bachelor of Science in Biology (Botany emphasis), with a minor in Urban Forestry/Arboriculture from Western Illinois University.